Ambition for Ageing
We are pleased to announce that we have signed up to a new initiative from Ambition for Ageing who are hosted by Age UK Wigan Borough locally. Ambition for Ageing is part of a £10.2 million Greater Manchester-wide programme, aimed at creating more age friendly places and empowering people to live fulfilling lives as they age. It is funded by the Big Lottery Fund’s Ageing Better programme, which aims to reduce social isolation in older people.
All Age Friendly businesses agree to provide four things as a minimum, with no pressure from customers to make a purchase;
- A place to sit and rest, without pressure to buy
- A glass of water or cup of tea or coffee
- An emergency phone call if needed
- Patience and assistance for customers who may be confused or forgetful
- Toilet facilities (if this is possible)
All participating businesses will display an age friendly sticker to show their support.