THE GALLERIES SHOPPING CENTRE, 1 WIGAN GALLERY, WIGAN WN1 1AR 01942 825 734
THE GALLERIES  |  MAKINSON ARCADE

Earth Day

The Galleries  News   Earth Day

Earth Day

The Galleries is incredibly proud of its green credentials. We collect, on average, approximately 10.5 tonnes of waste per month, 47% of that waste is recycled (cardboard, paper, plastics, aluminium), the remaining 53% of un-recyclable waste is compacted and sent to a local refuse-derived fuel (RDF) plant which use the waste to generate fuel to help power the recycling plant.

 

As a result, 0% of site generated waste is sent to landfill. A terrific achievement!